[it's maybe fifteen minutes later that Nancy gets his text and finds herself calling the police commissioner. Silly, considering how she'd just been franticly trying to get 999. She had no doubt they'd paint it as a terrorist attack.
By now, she's back in her apartment, adrenaline still surging through her veins.]
Lord Coward? It's Nancy. [She'd gotten out, she wasn't hurt, but there had been others they hadn't been able to save.
There was a reason there was a glass of whiskey on her table.] If it's about Valentine's Day.... [A lame joke. Forgive her, her nerves are frayed and soon the adrenaline will give way to shaking and exhaustion.]
[He isn't sure if he should be acting more as a police officer, an earl, or a... friend? It's been awhile since he's been one of those. Still, her reaction now...
He'll go off that.
But there is real concern in his voice, at least. Calm, but it's there.]
[She shakes her head before realizing that oh right. He can't see her. She's had more than enough to drink. This was supposed to be a fun night out with Skip.
She takes a sip of whiskey all the same, leaning back on the couch, head in her hands.] I don't know- I heard about the party from a girl I work with sometimes.
[She closes her eyes.]
I can't believe it. How- how did you know I was there?
[Damn it, damn it, damn it she is so fucked, and she can explain everything. So after a lot of silence, she does the teenage girl thing and texts a second time.]
I wasn't involved. I promise you. I was against it from the beginning. They acted without my support.
[Caroline can't believe this. Her wallet is definitely gone. She knows she had it an hour ago or so, when she stopped in at a 24-hour grocery store, but it was definitely gone now.
She needs to vent and so she calls Nancy, hoping she doesn't wake her up]
February 14th ; 2 AM, text
call
By now, she's back in her apartment, adrenaline still surging through her veins.]
Lord Coward? It's Nancy. [She'd gotten out, she wasn't hurt, but there had been others they hadn't been able to save.
There was a reason there was a glass of whiskey on her table.] If it's about Valentine's Day.... [A lame joke. Forgive her, her nerves are frayed and soon the adrenaline will give way to shaking and exhaustion.]
no subject
[He isn't sure if he should be acting more as a police officer, an earl, or a... friend? It's been awhile since he's been one of those. Still, her reaction now...
He'll go off that.
But there is real concern in his voice, at least. Calm, but it's there.]
no subject
She takes a sip of whiskey all the same, leaning back on the couch, head in her hands.] I don't know- I heard about the party from a girl I work with sometimes.
[She closes her eyes.]
I can't believe it. How- how did you know I was there?
no subject
[He sighs a bit. At least he wasn't sleeping before.]
I heard about it. I wanted to make sure you weren't hurt.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
April 15th, late afternoon
no subject
no subject
no subject
12/5; early evening
Re: 12/5; early evening
Only in the vaguest sense. I didn't know when, how, or even if it was happening.
Apparently it did.
Re: 12/5; early evening
[Sorry Nancy.]
no subject
I wasn't involved. I promise you. I was against it from the beginning. They acted without my support.
no subject
She needs to vent and so she calls Nancy, hoping she doesn't wake her up]
no subject
Caroline? What's up?
no subject
no subject
[She knows that can be devastating. She's stolen more than her fair share.]
Are you sure you didn't just leave it somewhere?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
no subject
lets just say that i am definitely not your innocent little friend any more :D
no subject
damn!
I had no idea you were a virgin
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
Nancy?
Can we talk? Will you come round? I'm at the Angelo... Ces...
Or I can come to you?
Please?
I'm sorry.
no subject
no subject
Nancy Ive missed you.
no subject
[were they not talking? it was all a very minor thing to Nancy]
I'll get on the tube. see you at your room?
(no subject)