stauncherhearted: (Default)
nancy. ([personal profile] stauncherhearted) wrote2017-11-17 10:03 pm
NSFW

for @emotioneater -> talking about Bill

Previously on Underground...

Nancy lets out a small noise of fear as Cooper starts to yell. Her tears fall, and she recoils away from him, trying to make herself as small as possible.

"He didn't put me on the streets!" She tries, but it's no use.

Then he asks if he hit her, and Nancy nearly crumples. She nods tearfully. "He did love me. I can't expect- no one ever understood. It was there, it was always there, in how he looked at me and touched me- whenever he did, I deserved it, Cooper. But he kept me safe! Lord, did he look after me, took me out of Fagin's grasp where he couldn't touch me, neither." She inhales, deeply, raggedly.

"I love you. I love you so much, Cooper." She reaches a hand out toward him. "I don't see him anymore." It was too hard, to make her way into that prison, to see him behind bars, cooped up and angry. And now with Cooper, it was that much harder. Furthermore, she didn't want to see him. "Been years- since before we got together. You have to believe me." Love her. Forgive her.